Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sometimes It Costs

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matt 6:21

She was sent to me for a slowly progressive disease that had used up her insurance as it drained her physically. She was in chronic pain from her illness, but her chief complaint was the pain in her mouth from teeth that had broken off into nubs with swollen red gums.

“I can’t find a dentist in my town who will see me without insurance.”

My brother is a periodontist in private practice who follows Christ and has ties with the dental school, so I called him, hoping that his influence would help get my patient cared for by the students.

“Send her to me,” he said. “If I can remove those teeth and help her, I won’t charge her.”

Sometimes it costs to act like Jesus.

Dear Father,
Help me live what I believe.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment