Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mission Accomplished

“Since then, no prophet has risen in Israel like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face” (Deuteronomy 34:10, NIV 1984).


I visited her in the nursing home today.


She’s a Christian and had recently discovered a fatal illness.


No signs of distress. A broad smile.


“I’m 95 and I’ve had a great life. God has accomplished pretty much all he has wanted with me. I now just want to show the world how a Christian goes through this.”

Moses climbed Mount Nebo when he was 120 years old and God showed him the entire Promised Land,

“This is the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob when I said, ‘I will give it to your descendants.’ I have let you see it with your eyes, but you will not cross over into it.”

“And Moses the servant of the Lord died there in Moab…” (Deuteronomy 34:1-5, NIV 1984).

What a grand end to one of the greatest lives in history.

God was saying to Moses what I pray he will one day say to me, “I know you messed up at times and all your dreams were not answered, but everything I wanted to do through you has been accomplished. Starts and stops---success and failures—charges, retreats---close, then distant. It is all okay now. Through it all I have been with you and you have finished the race that I set you in. Well done.”

“More important than that---it is not about you. My people are crossing over.”

Dear Father,
Accomplish your purpose for my life, in spite of me if you must.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment