Tuesday, July 24, 2012

20 Seconds of Courage

“The following night the Lord stood near Paul and said, ‘Take courage! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem, so you must also testify in Rome’” (Acts 23:11, NIV 1984).

“A friend of mine, a Christian, told me about a conference with Christian Medical Doctors and I became very interested. The conference held in March was what I was looking for. I saw honesty within the hearts of the Christian doctors speaking and no fear to share their own experiences for the benefit of the students. I remember Dr. ____’s lifesaving story and what God had done in his life, Dr. ____’s compassion praying for the man that was dying. This changed my whole understanding of who was God, and who are His children. For the first time I felt there was hope for me to find God. I remember myself, doing many questions to my friends in the small groups as what they believed. I was invited to the weekly meetings, and met the same people I saw to the conference. Bit by bit I came to know Jesus and the real love of God between brothers and sisters. I was baptized and I am part of a small group where we teach students the gospel and share our own experiences in faith.


God was blessing my family also, after I became a Christian. My mother and sister started new jobs. I began to share the gospel with my sister and she came once in the church and now she is reading the New Testament in Greek. I pray that one day she will accept Jesus too.


I am very grateful to the Christians doctors and their sacrifice for our Lord Jesus, and that they have continued their work in Albania. I am the luckiest man on earth that God saved from the hand of evil, and I am so grateful to have met Jesus and to have a personal relationship with Him.”


Albanian medical student, 2012

Sometimes we lose site of the glory and power of God that He uses through us to transform lives from eternally lost to eternally found. Have you taken part lately in such a story in someone’s transformation, as did the two American doctors mentioned above? Have you considered offering God your time and savings to join such a mission as this one---a mission that led to this student’s commitment to the truth of life?

In the recent movie We Bought a Zoo, Matt Damon talks about “20 seconds of insane courage” that can transform your life forever. Consider revving up 20 seconds of insane courage and click on the CMDA website at www.cmda.org. Look under Serve. Go to the Medical Education International site for educational missions like the one above, or the Global Health Outreach site for hands-on-sick-people missions. Whether you are student, resident, practicing or academic doctor, ask God to plug you in to His power and glory so that someone soon might tell such a story with your name in the blanks.

Dear Father,
To be used by you!
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment