Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Your Money’s No Good Here

“While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8b, NIV 2011).


Joseph is a vigorous and sweet 80-year-old widower I have cared for over the past five years. I was asking him about his diet yesterday---whether he was able to get vegetables to eat since he quit building a garden this year.

“You know, there are these people who own a restaurant near me that cook the best vegetables. When they heard I was sick, they told me to come over anytime I wanted and they would fix me whatever I want. I eat there nearly every day. I love their cabbage. They don’t cook the ham hocks in it but got them separate, if you want to add them. And they have never charged me a dime. They tell me, ’Your money’s no good here.’”

Sometimes I think my money’s good with God. When bad things happen, I haven’t paid enough; when things go my way, it’s because I’m all paid up. I forget the message of the cross.

It’s all about grace, “While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” I don’t know why my head can accept this truth but my heart keeps going back to my getting what I deserve. I guess it’s because grace just doesn’t seem fair.

Thank God He is not fair. Thank God “my money is no good with Him.”

Dear Father,
Let me daily fall into your grace. Let me daily live that grace for others.
Amen

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.


    Dental Implants Bridgeport CT

    ReplyDelete