Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Live Forward

“…But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:13-14, NIV 1984).

One of my daughters wrecked her car this week while texting in the rain. Thank God that no one was injured. I pray to God that this was her last text while driving. The cost of repairs will be substantial, drain her finances and dissolve some of her personal dreams. I hope the lessons learned are worth the pain of loss. In the aftermath, after all the lectures, I texted her, not while driving, “Everything behind you is over. Everything before you is possible---with a great dream, wise decisions, perseverance and the hand of God.”

I could have texted the same message to myself many times in the past. Sometimes my mistakes have been hard to let go of, probably because I carry their consequences.

Truly, each past mistake has left its consequence, some scar that has changed who I am and each has left with me the opportunity for wiser decisions in the future.

For now, my task is to live the moment, to focus on God’s great dream for my future, to make the decisions that will get me there, to persevere through the trials and to trust in the hand of God.

Letting go, learning well, living forward, leaning on Him.

Dear God,
Thank you for your grace. From this moment on, let me learn from the past and persevere in your dream for my future.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment