Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Quatrain


“The whole town gathered at the door, and Jesus healed many who had various diseases…” (Mark 1:33-34, NIV 1984). 

Adam sat across from me, two years out from a very severe illness.

“You know, I contribute my healing to four things: the grace of God, the power of prayer, the support of family and friends and the miracle of modern medicine.”

He then added after a pause, as if to avoid hurting my feelings, “And I sure thank you for what you’ve done.”

I answered him, “I just work for the Boss; He’s the One who healed you.” 

Not a bad quatrain for the wonder of healing. Those of us who follow the Christ should remember: 

The grace of God
The power of prayer
The support of family and friends
The miracle of modern medicine 

All provided and fashioned in a personalized way by the hands of a loving God.

Wow! It’s neat to be a Christian doctor.

 

Dear God,
Thank you for the privilege of watching you work.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment