Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Never Forget

“Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live…” (Deuteronomy 4:9, NIV 2011).

A dark haired young medical student approached me, speaking in English with an Albanian accent. “Can I tell you one reason I believe in Jesus?”
“Sure.”
“My grandfather had a brother and they lived in the same town. My grandfather’s first five children all died. His brother had four children and they all died. So, they decided to take their wives to St. Andon’s church in Lac. There they slept on the floor for one week and prayed. When they returned home, my grandmother became pregnant and my father was born. My grandfather’s brother also had a child. Both were followed by many other children. It would be foolish to deny God after what He did.”

Isn’t it neat when God does things like this? He steps into our world in a concrete way and demonstrates His presence in an undeniable fashion. Many of us have witnessed ourselves, or heard from those we love, events where God was so obvious that we could only stand silent in awe or tremble before His presence.
Our world is so cluttered with distractions that we often lose these memories amidst the clutter. We need to hold on to these moments and pin them to our hearts. We need to place them on the front shelves of our minds; so that, when the world treats us like we are powerless, we can pull down these acts of God and say, “But let me tell you when….”

Dear God,
Let me not forget the wonders of your working in my life.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment